Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Riding the wave of emotions. How do creative types deal?



Yesterday, I tweeted:  

VictoriaWestcot Riding the wave of emotions from "OMG this is frikkin' awesome!" to "This is getting real & now I'm scared!"... how do creative types deal?

I received a flurry of amazing replies from fellow filmmakers.  Here are a few of my personal favourites:

booze

  Know the feeling. The more awesome things get, the scarier they get. Just means the payoff is better when you rock it! 
We drink. A lot. 

amen RT @ We drink. A lot.

And some more RT @ amen RT @ We drink. A lot.  
- Elation can look like fear from the wrong angle. Just remember why your heart is racing and you'll be fine. 
I'm a cork. No matter how deep I dive, I always surface
#HowIDeal sweets, mind numbing electronica music, walking by water, incense, writing about it, tea, espresso, booze, movies
I must admit that my consumption of wine has increased since venturing on this filmmaking business.  At least I'm not alone in that one eh?

I really appreciated the outpouring of love from filmmakers all around the world, most of whom I've never met, but they piped up to offer advice.  Makes me love this journey even more.

Thanks tweeps.
  You rock my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment